If you find mold in your home, it should be removed. The mold could spread and damage your home. In some circumstances, the mold could even cause personal injuries to you and your family.
But do not be too alarmed—mold is not always toxic. Whether the mold can injure you depends on many circumstances.
When examining whether a home is contaminated with toxic mold, experts tend to compare mold spore counts indoors to the outdoors. If the amount of mold spores outdoors exceeds the level of mold indoors, your home is probably not contaminated. However, if the mold levels indoors greatly exceed those outdoors, then the indoor air quality may be dangerous. Experts also compare the concentration of specific types of mold. For example, if the outdoor air contains very little of a specific type of mold, but the indoor air has lots of a specific type of mold, it may be a problem. Of course, these rules may be altered if you have an allergy to a specific mold within your home.
If you believe your home has been contaminated with mold, I would be happy to meet with you. There is no charge for the first meeting.